Waverley Meadows Preschool is committed to child-centred pedagogy that is informed by the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education. We value the influence of our connection to nature in children’s learning and promote an appreciation of the outdoor environment. Wheelers Hill is situated on the land of the Boon wurrung People of the Kulin Nations and we pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging.
We uphold the values of collaboration, resilience, respect, empathy, courage and honesty as we strive to provide the best possible outcomes for children.
Our programs for children are based on the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) and its guiding principles, practices and outcomes. Educators develop and design programs through input from children, families and professional knowledge which give children opportunities to practice and consolidate their learning in key areas such as language and literacy, numeracy, fine and gross motor skills, cognitive development and social and emotional development. Our commitment to the children’s wellbeing is supported through our Pet Therapy program, where children are actively involved in the reciprocal partnership of nurturing and caring for animals whilst also benefiting from the relationship.
● Children are competent, capable, resourceful, curious, imaginative, unique and inquisitive people
● In creating an appreciation of nature by encouraging children to benefit from play, exploration and risk taking in the natural wonders of our local environment
● Children learn from one another in a stimulating environment with uninterrupted time and space to develop a love of learning
● Children have a right to be safe and feel safe and we are committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards
● In facilitating play-based experiences
● In encouraging children to become aware of the feelings and emotions of themselves and others
● In providing opportunities for children to exercise choice in learning between the indoor, outdoor and Atelier environments
● In developing the children’s knowledge and respect for the world we live in
● In sharing and appreciating children’s combined learning as well as individual learning journeys
● Educators individual contributions and personal qualities are valuable to teaching and learning
● In supporting the ongoing professional learning that ensures our educators are up to date with current professional practice
● In fostering strong connections to our local community through learning in shared spaces
● Families are the child’s first teacher and value their participation in the children’s learning journey
Meet our passionate and dedicated team of educators!